Dell Consultant, IT Development in Bangalore, India
Dell Commerce Platform - Information Technology Project Management Consultant (II)
Drives all aspects ofRelease Managementactivity, including collaborating and coordinating across all DCP(Dell Commerce Platform) Applications. Work closely with DCS RM/Global Release Management team to Define Release calendar and key milestones for DCP releases. Manages scope, defects and Release work items for meeting release milestones. Keeps team and leadership updated on project/release readiness status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews release deliverables. Provides process guidance to project team.
Dell Commerce Service (DCS) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Google’d more than 1 million times per day. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company
- Manage release readiness by working closely with Development/Engineering team within DCP.
- Drive all aspects of release management activity, including Scope management, defect management, status reporting, change management and release support
- Coordinates and manages cross-segment dependencies; optimizes release calendar and production downtime, drives strategy and coordinates cross-segment test environment utilization.
- Identify and manage risks, making sound judgments about quality, and stopping (or speeding up) production at the right time.
- Lead and coordination of scope and defects tracking between internal teams and external customers
- Represent the team in all forums including regular cross-program status calls, Readiness calls, Go/NoGo, Checkpoints during launches etc
- Coordinate with external teams like UAT and E2E to make sure timelines and quality are met for each milestones
- Own and drive the release cycles diligently and with quality; make sure launches get over on time
- Consistent status reporting to stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree and 10-12 years of relevant work experience or graduate degree and 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- 6-8 years Release Management experience, preferably with large organization
- Good knowledge of agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio (TFS)
- Strong and demonstrable external client facing skills specifically in the areas of communication, issue and escalation management.
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise, and understand at a high level what initiatives are moving forward in other IT areas.
- Strong understanding of the links and dependencies between the projects and other in-flight projects and/or business initiatives.
- Strong Collaboration skills, as the role requires to work across multiple teams and organizations
Job: *IT Development
Organization: *Information Technology
Title: Consultant, IT Development
Requisition ID: 17000GLA