Dell Sr Advisor, Cyber Security (Chantilly VA) in Chantilly, Virginia
IT SECURITY- INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR
Senior Advisor, IT Security
Job Family Summary
Requires TS//SCI w/various polygraph(s)
Serves as the Information Systems Security Officer for Dell Federal. Works on information security problems that are diverse and highly complex. Selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective security solutions. Develops approaches to address critical information security issues and manages crisis/incident response. The Dell Federal Information systems security officer (ISSO) researches, develops, implements, tests and reviews the organization's information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. The Dell Federal ISSO informs users about security measures, explains potential threats, installs software, implements security measures and monitors networks. Travel required. The Dell Federal ISSO works in our exciting, fast paced Washington DC office with added responsibilities at locations throughout the continental United States. The Federal ISSO is responsible for monitoring and compliance controls at each location and will establish a schedule of site inspections, meetings, compliance reviews and “as needed support”. The Dell Federal environment is a dynamic and evolving. Dell Federal Customers are implementing state of the art I.T. capabilities and will utilize the ISSO to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
Defines and implements information security strategies and procedures.
- Reviews monthly audit and compliance logs and coordinates mitigations with Systems Administrator(s).
- Works with engineering teams to define and refine information security and systems management policies and settings Monitors and assesses vendor and 3rd party information security reports/lists.
- Evaluates new and emerging products, technologies and make recommendations to leadership concerning introduction of new technologies.
- Reviews, prioritizes and recommends information security improvements as they relate to the achievement of Dell’s Federal business goals and objectives.
- Coordinates, administers, manages and monitors the use of access control systems security tools and intrusion detection systems to identify anomalous events and security infractions that exploit system vulnerabilities.
- Integrates information security controls into an environment to identify risks and reduce their impact.
- Creates and maintains information security documentation.
- Communicates information security procedures to users.
Reviews and recommends changes to information security policies.
Prioritizes own work and may have duties instructing, directing, assigning and overseeing work of less senior engineers.
- Operates as a lead contributor in the support of IT projects and services from a technical security perspective.
- Collects, reviews and assembles data, prepares reports, monitors progress and analyses data.
- Provides technical analysis and incident coordinator level response of incidents identified as a threat to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of intellectual property, customer information or employee's personal identifiable information. / Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
Job: *Cyber Security
Title: Sr Advisor, Cyber Security (Chantilly VA)
Requisition ID: 17000EMP