Dell Advisor, Delivery Specialist in ChengDu, China
Provides operational support to customers for implementations and management of EMC solutions. Works closely with the customer on EMC Best Practices; ensures EMC solutions work as intended in the customer's environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of EMC products.
· Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
· Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by EMC best practice documentation.
· Installs EMC software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment. Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager direction
· Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results. May occasionally be called upon to act as a backup to the Project Manager or to provide team technical leadership on specific implementations.
· Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
· Stays current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of EMC software products, including new and soon to be released products.
· Represents EMC in a professional manner to customers, EMC Partners and other EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
· EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
· May perform other duties as requested.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
· Strong technical aptitude.
· Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter.
· Customer Service skill.
· Problem solving skills.
· Organizational skills.
Experience Required: 5+ years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: No
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
China - ChengDu