Dell Advisory Solutions Principal in Chicago, Illinois
The solution principal role is a creative, outgoing pre-sales professional with a passion for technology evangelism, sales and custom solution development. The solution principal lives in a world between sales leadership and services delivery. The solution principal is experienced at architecting and evangelizing technology solutions. The solution principal is a dynamic speaker and presenter of technology solution.
The Advisory Solution Principal with a CPSD focus is a unique role in our organization. In this role, you will help define and grow the CPSD services business by working directly with customers, sales, delivery leads, the CPSD SQC and subject matter experts across the Converged Products and Solutions Division. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, with a focus on customers and driving business results. You will have the opportunity to help architect services solutions for our customers’ toughest IT challenges, in particular helping customers implement Converged or Hyper-Converged Infrastructures On-premise. Specifically, the Advisory Solution Principal will take primary responsibility for leading the sales support activities around the following solution areas:
Our customer base in the United States includes some of the largest aerospace, financial, healthcare, high technology, insurance, and manufacturing businesses in the world. You will have the opportunity to present to some of the greatest minds in the IT industry. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working, professionally mature, and technology savvy individual who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. The Advisory Solution Principal is expected to spend approximately 70% of time working service led sales pursuits with CPSD sales and delivery organization, 15% of time in proactive demand generation activities with the sales organization, and 15% of time growing proficiency in the CPSD GTM service offerings to enable continued growth and success in the role.
A candidate for the Advisory Solutions Principal role should have:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts.
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.).
- A high degree of learning agility; passionate about learning and mastering new concepts quickly and independently; good research skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to tailor offerings to the meet the unique aspects of a given customer scenario and thus maximize the value of our solution(s).
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, proposal and statement of work writing, and delivery of white board or formal presentations.
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization with a strong desire to lead diverse teams thru multiple sales campaigns to completion.
A strong and persuasive sales oriented personality that can partner with and influence the CPSD Sales Teams, the CP SQC and CPSD Delivery Teams to position and win services business.
10 years of pre-sales support and/or delivery experience in a consulting or professional services environment with a major and minor understanding of:
Demonstrated ability to manage a dynamic workload of competing priorities and deliverables while proactively communicating expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer. Proactively asks for help when needed to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with frequent travel throughout the assigned Theater to support sales campaigns, customer briefings, and training. In addition, some of our multi-national customers have operations outside the assigned Theater and travel may be required to those locations. Company Description: With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us? Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:// Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
Job: *Solutions Principal
Organization: *Information Technology
Title: Advisory Solutions Principal
Requisition ID: 17000DFM