Dell Sr Advisor Solutions Architect in Chicago, Illinois
· Supports Project/Program Managers in the definition, design and development of the technical architectural content defined in SOW. Lead technical expert in pre-sales life-cycle - qualification, pitch preparation/delivery, customer visioning, solution estimation, SOW preparation. Designs EMC solutions and participates in its installation, customization and integration across projects of moderate and large scale and complexity. Develops programming source code, configures advanced technology solutions and/or integrates solution architectures
· Prepares technical architecture and implementation design documents and works with Project Manager to develop implementation plan, deliverables and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage EMC Consulting and partner resources to satisfy technical needs and objectives of implementation. Proactively identifies and communicates post-sale opportunities that expand and/or extend scope, to sales team. Develops strategies, policies, best practices through leadership collaboration and technical community contributions
· Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships at upper management/executive levels; establishes thought leader and trusted advisor status with VP/Director level clients and above. Work collaboratively across customer organizations - business and IT, from technology infrastructure to decision maker. Works with customer's internal change management systems and architectural standards groups
· Understands and implements a vision for technical effort required. Adheres to proper change control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress and time management reports in accordance with published procedures
· Provides technical leadership across large EMC and partner teams, managing and assuring solution quality, maximizing team output, across onshore and/or offshore teams, and multiple streams of effort. Maintains awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts Project Manager and sales team of potential problems based upon strong working knowledge of customer environment
· Establishes optimal technical project approach to maximize chances of delivery success. Ability to define strategic solutions to solve industry challenges using EMC and non-EMC technologies. Collaborates with leadership, and independently contributes to the development of new Service Offerings and markets from a sales and delivery perspective
· Identifies, plans and manages technology training opportunities with management to keep current on technology solutions and address requirements. Offers direction, feedback and mentoring to project team members. Advises management of technical skill gaps in teams and identifies training opportunities. Active contributor and participant in internal/external technology community. Maintains internal and partner relationship
· Understands that travel may be required for extended periods of time.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Project management skills.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge in the following products
VMWare Cloud Foundation
Base IP layer 2
Converged & Hyper Converged Infrastructure
Dell PowerEdge Servers
· Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Arizona - Phoenix, US - California - Irvine, US - California - Palo Alto, US - Georgia - Atlanta, US - Illinois - Chicago, US - Massachusetts - Boston, US - New York - New York City, US - Ohio - Cleveland, US - Texas - Dallas, US - Washington - Seattle