Dell Critical Systems Operations in Draper, Utah
The Critical Systems Engineer will be responsible for patch management of Virtustream’s Internal Infrastructure. This includes identifying available patches or threats, deploying patches, compliance assessment and reporting, and educating stakeholders. Also, ensures optimum IT infrastructure performance and integrity. Ensures consistency and synchronization across infrastructure components. Ensures performance optimization, and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining and upgrading technology as required. Involved in supporting new and existing applications. Works with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identifying available patches and\or threats for all Operating Systems
· Deployment of all patches\updates to our internal systems
· Compliance assessment and reporting \ Educating stakeholders
· Develop methodology for patching cycle including automatic identification of patch sets, and which patches to be applied to which systems, and scheduled\automated deployment
· Provides leadership, mentoring, instruction and direction to less experienced team members.
· Review and maintain documentation for networks, systems, and sites
· Leads the design of and establishes processes, procedures and metrics for implementation and support of the infrastructure.
· Defines performance and capacity targets, and develops tools and programs for operating, monitoring, supporting and measuring the infrastructure.
· Analyzes data, recommends and implements upgrades and configuration changes to the infrastructure.
· Manages large IT infrastructure related projects.
· Leads teams to resolve complex infrastructure problems.
· Represents the organization on cross-functional and inter-departmental teams.
· May be required to represent the organization with EMC customers.
· Hardening and verification of Compute Technology (Cisco UCS, VMWare, Dell and possibly others)
· Patch management and mitigation based on scans, timely responses and mitigation
· Apply STIGS and use automated vulnerability management tools
· Perform security analysis and risk/vulnerability assessments
· Work closely with other operations staff, engineering & delivery teams to partner on rollout of solutions or in maintain operations
· Provide proactive health checks, capacity management, and Firmware updates as necessary to maintain the health of the environment
· May be required to work nights\weekends
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
· Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
· Mentoring/Coaching skills.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Capacity Management experience in supporting production, creating/distributing reports
· Communication skills.
· Results driven.
· In-depth knowledge and experience with patching all types of OS in large scale environments
· In-Depth knowledge with Cisco UCS, VMWare
· Automation skills: Python/ Bash/KSH/PowerShell
· Understand and hands-on provision/configure UCS/VMWare from end to end
· In-depth OS skill, ESXi, Linux, Windows.
Bachelors (Technical) and/or 7 + years of relevant experience
Physical Requirements: Yes
On Call Requirement: Yes
Administrative Services & Operations
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
US - Utah - Draper