Dell Data Quality Analyst in Round Rock, Texas
The Data Quality Sr. Advisor is an instrumental role in the Enterprise Information Governance organization to deliver insight into the customer master hygiene for business performance and analytics. This will be key in helping to support the Customer Leadership Council with actionable information to improve the quality and value of information assets for all consumers.
Collaborates with the Chief Data Stewards to define data quality rules and ensures the proper implementation of data quality during the creation and modification of data, according to Enterprise Information Governance office data quality standards, guidelines, metrics and quality-expectations. Defines rules to evaluate data quality and creates effective test plans, according to Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards. Ensures accuracy, completeness, integrity, consistency, uniqueness, and timeliness of data. Executes Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality tests/assessments and data cleansing activities. Monitors compliance of data flows against Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards. Serves as liaison between business and internal and external clients.
- Leverages intermediate data management knowledge to maintain and define data quality and metadata processes, participates in development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics/quality-expectations for data elements that support critical business processes. Participates in and may lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Profiles data (statistical analysis and assessment of data). Documents effectiveness of data quality controls and metadata capture, and identifies improvement opportunities. Participates in development of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Leverages intermediate knowledge to implement controls to mitigate data quality risks including monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards. Ensures adherence to enterprise data quality programs and standards. Ensures that the data quality corrective action plan is thoroughly documented.
- Checks and reviews failures from the compliance assessment checks, and recommend corrective action. Partners with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders to ensure relevance of criteria for data quality process compliance assessment.
- Manages ongoing metadata repository management and proper metadata association.
- Leverages intermediate data management knowledge to assess impact of proposed changes to reference data, and to coordinate changes with impacted business areas
- The DQ Consultant must also document at a functional level how the procedures work within the data quality applications.
- Collaborate with IT to onboard and identify new data sets, sources systems and data mapping requirements.
- Responsible for standards when creating mapplets and code migration from development thru test.
- Designs the processes to measure data completeness, correctness, accuracy and integration throughout the enterprise
Development of Data Quality Dashboards and maplets leveraging Informatica IDQ. Understands Data Services such as address, phone and email validation.
Detailed understanding of Informatica Power Center 9.5 Components
- Experience with Data Quality development and dashboard
- Knowledge of Informatica Data Quality standards, guidelines and best practices
- 4 years’ experience in defining and deploying data quality programs and tools on enterprise data quality projects
- Experience in data profiling & data quality rules development using Informatica Data Quality tools
- 4 years of data analyst experience performing data profiling, data mapping, data validation, data manipulation, data analysis, use case, test cases, etc.
- Experience with Address Doctor a plus
- Proven experience translating business problems into actionable data quality initiatives
- Familiarity with current trends in Data Quality technologies.
- Good knowledge on Informatica Data Services (IDS) Informatica Analyst and Informatica Developer
- Experience developing web services-based applications with SOA
Data mapping experience - mapping data sources to and from multiple applications
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach / / /
/ Why work with us? /
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
Job: *Customer Advocacy
Organization: *Global Marketing
Title: Data Quality Analyst
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000GZQ