Dell Global Support Services Program Management Consultant in Round Rock, Texas
We are currently seeking an experienced Support Services Global Program Manager within the Global Support & Deployment Product Group which will ideally be located in our Round Rock office.
Dell Support Services is a mature, profitable, multi-billion business that is a key area of growth for Dell. Dell is committed to greatly increasing investment and revenue and Program Management will be a key contributor for delivering on these revenue goals. To support the strong business growth, we are expanding our team. The Program Management team is responsible for the execution of new support services products sold globally through a variety of channels including Dell.com, Dell sales, retail stores, and other partnerships. The Senior Program Manager is the objective voice of the core team and governs stakeholders to deliver results guided by the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP). A successful launch is primarily dependent on the leadership and critical thinking strengths of the Program Manager.
Program Manager-Round Rock, TX
The Program Manager is responsible for leading a cross-functional new service offer/solution development team to deliver industry-leading global offers and/or solutions for the Commercial and/or Consumer Services business. This program manager will also be responsible for sustaining and managing existing global support service offerings to maximize performance and ensure operational execution. These offers may encompass hardware, software, services, and support necessary to address the customers' needs.
The responsibilities of this position include leading the global management and execution of cross-functional programs through the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP). This includes developing project goals that support the business objectives as well as developing and executing strategies and plans to meet these goals. Identifying and implementing process improvements and assisting in the integration of complex business factors to develop and implement long-term strategic planning objectives is required.
- Lead core team, kick off projects, sustain and manage existing offers, establishes schedules, facilitates meetings, and ensure execution of programs/projects.
- Facilitate Core Team meetings and maintain master schedule.
- Ensures the core team launches the complex offers/solution at the desired quality level and meets the time to market plans.
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Market Requirements Documents, Business Contracts, offer/solution design documentation, process and procedures guides, pilot and test planning, business readiness reviews.
- Analyze and report actual performance vs. Business Contract goals.
- Establish clear objectives and deliverables for the program that support the LOBs business.
- Schedule and run all phase reviews and program reviews.
- Track progress, report status and make necessary change requests to achieve all program goals.
- Manage major risks and issues through effective mitigation plans and proper escalation.
- Drive the core team to meet or exceed program goals.
- Effectively communicate status of programs, projects, and objectives.
- Proven Project Management performance competencies for scope, time, cost, quality, risk and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Proven track record and cross-functional leadership skills.
- Experience in program management including planning and senior management interface.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Organizing and planning skills.
- Priority setting skill.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers.
- Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
- PMP and other certifications a plus
- Support Services experience a plus
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: *Project/Program Mgmt
Organization: *Global Services
Title: Global Support Services Program Management Consultant
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000HO0