Dell Network Dev Senior Engineer (L2/L3, Troubleshooting and validation) in Round Rock, Texas
Position general description:
Candidate will be working on solution projects that cover server, storage, software and networking switches (L2/L3). Candidate will play a pivotal role in the design, configuration, validation and documentation of leading edge Ethernet, Wireless and Fibre Channel based networking solutions and best practices for campus and data center applications. These designs will include compute workloads (virtual and monolithic), storage, network fabrics (storage, data, and wireless), end-user clients/devices, and component and network management systems.
Responsible for network architecture/topology development, validation and content (documentation and video) creation based on the architecture for Dell Networking products. Must be skilled in configuring and troubleshooting network equipment in order to execute topology/scenario validation in a development/test lab environment. Validating that all settings are optimal and correct is required to meet aggressive project objectives. Troubleshooting and validation experience is a REQUIREMENT to be considered for this position.
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications with Business Solutions (Compute, Networking and Storage):
- Strong expertise in L2/L3 networking protocol standards: IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, VLAN, RSTP, GVRP, IGMP, RIP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, STP, MultiCast, 1/10/40Gb Ethernet
- Experience with Network protocol and tracing tools such as: Viavi (JDSU, Finisar) , Wireshark, Ethereal, TCPdump
- Proficient with industry standard I/O load simulation tools such as MLTT, iPERF, Jetstress, SQLIO, IOMeter, etc.
- Experience with Ethernet network design, including routing, switching, configuration, performance and fault tolerance high availability best practices
- Solid understanding/experience of Server/Switch/Storage hardware and software architectures
The ability to configure ISCSI, and FC storage end-to-end, with SDS, NFS, CIFS experience being advantageous
Successful candidates must possess the following general qualifications:
Experience writing white papers, process documents, and creating topology drawings
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication/presentation skills
- Strong learning, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Minimum 5 years of experience in networking HW and/or system design, implementing Ethernet or Fibre Channel fabrics.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or closely related BS degree
The following qualifications and experience are highly desired:
VMWare deployment or administration - proficient with VMware 5.5 or later
Identify and resolve virtualization issues; upgrade software; monitor system performance; provide weekly system metrics; perform daily system checks and hotfixes
- vSphere systems administration/support (VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, VCenter, storage migrations, P2V migrations); vSphere problem determination, capacity planning, and root cause analysis; vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and EMC plug-ins; vSphere Distributed Switch, power shell, and vShield zones
Experience configuring and deploying VMware ESX on Dell PowerEdge Systems, communicating status, and documenting processes and procedures
Experience with storage architecture design for real-world deployments, including application analysis, network design, sizing and capacity planning and performance analysis/ tuning (Fibre Channel, iSCSI and FCoE)
Experience with traffic analysis and modeling, sizing and scoping, wireless network design, fault-avoidance/high-availability design, network equipment administration, storage network administration, operating system/server administration.
- Experience with Ethernet (802.1xx, 802.3xx), Wireless LAN Ethernet (802.11x/xx), Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel-over-Ethernet (FCoE), data-center bridging (DCB), test and measurement equipment, virtual machines (VM).
Job: *Network Dev Engineering
Organization: *Infrastructure Solutions Group
Title: Network Dev Senior Engineer (L2/L3, Troubleshooting and validation)
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000FDU