Dell Support Services Global Product Management Consultant in Round Rock, Texas
Dell Support Services is a mature, profitable, multi-billion dollar business that is a key area of growth for Dell. Dell is committed to greatly increasing investment and revenue and Product Management will be a key contributor of the overall strategy for delivering on these revenue goals. To support the strong business growth, we are expanding our team.
The Product management team is responsible for creating and enhancing support services products sold globally through a variety of channels including Dell.com, Dell sales, retail stores, and other partnerships. The Senior Product Manager is the voice of the customer and will be responsible for product strategy and management of a product from creation, launch to end-of-life.
Product Manager, Round Rock, TX
- Profile market & customer needs to provide insights into planning process, from multiple sources: SBU sales/marketing teams, primary and secondary market research, customer interviews, industry analysts, and mining of internal customer data.
- Develop business cases for new concepts: opportunity size, financial impacts by BU, market share, cost of sales, profitability expectations. Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors).
- Develop GTM (go-to-market) plan to enable market adoption of the roadmap and work with all relevant teams to ensure execution through OLP processes. Target market prioritization; define sales motion, effective positioning and merchandising of product.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Manage solutions roadmap lifecycle: inventory existing capabilities, rationalize offers, validate position in light of competitive changes, measure performance of launched offers and develop required growth or exit strategies.
- Analyze and report actual performance vs. Business Contract goals.
Requirements * 8 years experience in technology industry in Product Management, Marketing or relevant role. 6 years if Graduate degree. * A premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive. * Understand macro-business economics and be able to build actionable business plans and prioritize and categorize in complex and highly matrixed environments. * Proven Leadership in a Fast-Paced, Dynamic Organization: A proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis. He/she must also have the initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment. * Business Building Orientation: He/she must possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. * Team Player: The successful candidate must be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment. Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives. This person will be seen throughout the organization as a model of integrity and ethical behavior. * Strong organization, planning, priority setting, analytical and problem solving skills. * Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience. * Bachelor degree; MBA preferred. * Pragmatic Marketing certified preferred. * Support Services experience a plus. Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: *Product Management
Organization: *Global Services
Title: Support Services Global Product Management Consultant
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000HNV