Dell Test Senior Engineer in Round Rock, Texas
Knowledge: (Technical, Professional, Business Acumen)
- Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
o Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline. o Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives. o Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
Knowledge of industry and business principles.
o Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area. o Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives.
- In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
- Develops and applies project management techniques.
Problem Solving (Judgment, Complexity, Ingenuity)
Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
o Qualitative information o Quantitative research o Trend data
Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
o Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools. o Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
o Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
Guidance (Direction, Planning, Independence, Initiative)
Works with minimal direction.
Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
o Manages multiple assignments and processes. o Independently determines approach to project. o Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- May be responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
- May provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
Updates leadership on project/activity status.
Relationships (Sphere of Influence, Communication)
Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area.
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
o Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions. o Delegates clearly and comfortably.
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior leadership level.
May manage vendor relationships.
Performs estimation efforts on projects and tracks progress.
- Drafts and revises test plans and scripts with consideration to end-to-end system flows.
- Executes test scripts according to application requirements documentation.
- Logs defects, identifies course of action and performs preliminary root cause analysis.
- Analyzes and communicates test results to project team.
- Coordinates multiple testers and testing activities within a project.
- May act as a project test lead and provide direction to lower level testers.
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements to enhance testing strategies.
Interacts with other testing members, leader and moderate interaction with development, project management, and moderate interaction with business partners and external vendors/suppliers.
8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Demonstrates advanced understanding of intersystem dependencies around primary applications and multiple secondary applications.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and develop diverse knowledge of system being tested.
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools and procedures.
- Diverse diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of multiple applications.
Automation skills in Oats and Selenium preferred.
Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
Job: *Test Engineering
Title: Test Senior Engineer
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000GPF