Dell Network Development Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with methods for validating networking products and broader solutions. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and test tools, and completes validation specifications and procedures for new and changes to existing products. Plans the labor, schedules, equipment, and software required for validating and evaluating networking solutions. Principal Accountabilities: - Develops and documents test plans and test cases for newly developed or networking products. - Develops test tools and automation for in use testing. - Directs a test team during test execution, and reports results to development engineers and leadership. - Creates test plans that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions and scope based on inputs from the Development and Marketing. - Provides the Engineering Manager with a High Level Test Strategy and comprehensive test plan for new hardware, software, and solutions products. - Oversees the execution and reports the results of product validation on new networking products. - Interfaces with external validation partners to develop comprehensive test plans and tests coverage across multiple test organizations. - Manages and reports on test deliverables and test execution from validation partners.
- Must have 10 years of experience in testing of systems software for IP routers/Ethernet switches or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent understanding of Ethernet technologies, IPv4, IPv6 and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience in testing protocols like 802.1Q, 802.1p, STP, RSTP, MSTP, QinQ, LACP, RSPAN, GVRP, OSPF and BGP
- Experience in platforms supporting in Non-stop-forwarding/Hit-less protocol support
- Must have 6 years’ experience in FreeBSD and Linux OS environment
- Experience in using third party test equipment like IXIA, Spirent TestCenter, N2X.
- Hands on experience in scripting languages/tools such as TCL, Expect, Perl
- Cisco and Juniper certification is an advantage
- Experience in test case development, good communication skills (oral & written) and the ability to work with teams in multiple locations is required
- Ability to analyze requirements, communicate well with multiple teams to
- get clarity on the requirements
- identify relevant areas to be tested
- identify relevant 3rd party tools/applications required to carry out tests
- monitor and report status on the progress.
- Minimum Education: BSEE, BSCS, or BSCE and 8-10 years relevant experience, or MSEE, MSCS or MSCE and 6-8 years relevant experience preferred
Job: *Engineering - Network Development Engineer
Organization: *Infrastructure Solutions Group
Title: Network Development Principal Engineer
Location: CA-Santa Clara
Requisition ID: 170006MT