Dell Sr Advisor, Tech Program Mgmt in Seattle, Washington
Manages the delivery of customer engagements for Dell EMC. Responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects or programs from requirements gathering through customer service handover. Acts as primary interface to the customer, vendor and all internal stakeholders associated with the engagement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the delivery of complex, high risk projects. Maintains project quality, finances and focus.
· Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies. Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW). Categorizes requirements into a project plan detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks. Prepare risk and remediation plan. Responsible for creating one team approach, goals and milestones within a project to ensure Dell EMC's commitments to the customer are achieved. Adheres to established standards, processes, and methods to produce solutions that conform to requirements. Strives for, maintains and further develops excellence in processes and services.
· Establishes project governance. Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with Dell EMC employees or Partner Resources. Works with Resource Management on project staffing. Accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer and sales. Holds responsibility for achieving the Dell EMC Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction.
· Controls the financial compliance. Completes weekly and quarterly forecasts of revenue and utilization. Prepares estimated time to complete, manages back-log. Manages the cost budget and the impact of change requests on cost budget. Responsible for correct invoicing. Follows and executes dell EMC's revenue recognition rules and policies.
· Responsible for Quality Assurance; ensure project is delivered to scope defined within SOW and ensure any deviations are processed via defined Change Control process. Participates in customer discussions regarding budget, risk and impact of changes. Communicates to all Dell EMC concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues. Proactively manages the Dell EMC escalation and drives the change control process.
· Point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement. Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel. Holds internal and customer kick-off meeting as appropriate. Responsible for preparing regular status reports and conducting steering committees where appropriate.
· Articulates the full value of the Dell EMC Solutions and Dell EMC Services business benefit to the customer. Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate.
· Lead team during project life-cycle; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or workstreams. Provide performance feedback to management and team members.
· Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars. Complete and maintain industry recognized project management certification. Complete quarterly accreditations.
· May actively contribute to the account planning process.
· Communication skills.
· Project management skills.
· Consultative skills.
· Financial and analytical experience.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: No
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
211 - VCE
US - Colorado - Boulder, US - Washington - Seattle