Dell Advisor, IT Development in Southboro, Massachusetts
The Senior Application Developer will have ownership of a subset of applications identified on an as-needed basis. In addition to maintaining the canned technical architectures, they will be responsible for adding, maintaining and extending the packaged application's components. Senior Developers will work closely with the functional resources to ensure that applications are fulfilling EMC's business requirements. Activities will include all aspects of development lifecycles (e.g. analysis, design, development, test, etc.). Senior Developers will be responsible for reviewing and approving code, tech designs and unit test plans for associate application developers and application developers. Senior Developers may be made responsible for ensuring application development standards are adhered to, both for their own development and that of application developers and associate application developers within their immediate group. This individual may also need to manage day-to-day activities of an offshore production support team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops and maintains applications for business processes and systems.
· Authors Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled.
· Develops Unit Test Plans to test programs and ensures that standards and policies are adhered to.
· Obtains Technical Designs and Unit Test plan reviews from other Programming Staff and may perform Test Designs and Unit Test plan reviews of other developers; also responsible for mentoring junior developers with code reviews, design reviews, and unit t
· Develops and unit tests application programs as specified in Technical Designs and obtains code reviews from other Programming Staff, while ensuring that all programming standards and policies are adhered to.
· Provides production support of applications in production by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution.
· Responsible for ensuring adherence to development best practices and standards of associate application developers and application developers within their immediate group and may be required to act as Solution Delivery Lead (SDL) representing IT on particular projects
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
· Communication skills.
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Strong technical aptitude.
- Oracle eBusiness knowledge
Experience Required: 4+ years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: No
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Southboro