Dell Advisor, Global Commodity Management in Austin, Texas
Senior Commodity Management Advisor
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
Join us as a Senior Commodity Management Advisor on our Commodity Management team in Autin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Commodity Management Advisor, you will be responsible for developing and implementing plans to support forecasted needs for supplier and/or commodities; establishing and implementing strategies for negotiating supplier agreements based on in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets for optimum pricing and terms.
• Direct cross functional teams to drive commodity metrics, strategies and goals while conducting risk analysis and recommending mitigation strategies
• Develop and gain business buy in for complex RFQ, making supply chain optimization recommendations
• Drive resolutions for issues within the supplier, negotiating product cost and contracts, as well as identifying cost savings
• Identify, track and monitor new technology development and support supplier integration
• Developing and maintain relationships with key suppliers, creating new relationship to meet supply chain needs
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8 to 12 years of relevant experience
• Advanced materials requirements, capacity planning and supplier management knowledge
• Strong negotiation, contract development and analytical skills
• Excellent experience in supplier evaluation, as well as pricing and cost analysis
• Proven experience in market research, trend analysis as well as strategic and long-range planning
• Bachelor’s degree
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .