Dell Product Marketing Consultant - Displays & Client Peripherals Strategic Pricing in Austin, Texas
Product Marketing Consultant - Displays & Client Peripherals Strategic Pricing
It’s hard to put a price on driving human progress, but when you’re operating in a competitive business environment, you need innovative pricing strategies. Our Pricing team within Sales Operations is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating these strategies. We conduct research and pricing analysis and monitor the ongoing business environment to ensure Dell Technologies maintains a competitive market position.
Join us as a Pricing Consultant on our team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Pricing Consultant plays a critical and influential role in weekly and monthly business analysis, portfolio planning and product business case strategy for commercial client products. The right candidate brings analytic and business intelligence skills paired with market knowledge and product strategy/planning.
This position is part of the North America CSB CoC team managing Displays & Client Peripheral pricing for the CSB segment. This Pricing Consultant will have high visibility and ownership of product list price function, and will partner with various teams such as Product Line Marketing and Business Analytics so that each product category achieves its share, quarterly revenue and margin dollar targets. Main activities include setting list prices and discount parameters in tools; develop and communicate competitive price analysis; and evaluate cost changes and impact to business. It is expected from this role an overview of all products and standardization of processes and communication. Critical competencies needed are: Business & Analytical Acumen; Intellectual Capacity; Presentation Skills; Influence Strategy and Innovative.
• Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize sales and market penetration and ensure long-term profitability objectives are met.
• Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis.
• Leads, develops, evaluates and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
• Maintains and communicates regular pricing position.
• Leads the proposal for price position changes across platforms and markets (per price band) with other functional leaders to insure competitive and financially viable price position.
• Focuses list pricing activities and influences discounting and promotional practices with the intent of maximizing overall operating income.
• Ensures proper cost uploads to sales tools are delivered and leads cost impact clarity to RUM (Revenue, Units, Margin) P&L.
• Supports the quarterly RUM guidance process, which incorporates revenue and margin implications of forward pricing plans for assigned product categories as appropriate.
• Supports the list pricing at launch of new models or products.
• Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation.
• Works cross-functionally to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Experience with manipulating large amounts of data via Excel/Access
• Understanding of statistics and P&L statement analysis
• Valuation experience
• Experience in Business analysis, managing through ambiguity, organization understanding, and executive presentation skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: April 23, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy) .