Dell Senior Analyst, Sales Planning and Strategy in Austin, Texas
Sales Planning and Strategy Sr Analyst
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself!
This critical role will support the North America Channel organization in driving growth and profitability through assessing trends in data, developing forward-looking financial plans and recommendations, identifying risks and opportunities, driving strategic initiatives, coordinating across key partners/stakeholders, and optimizing key sales levers to improve business performance. Additionally, this role will require someone who thrives working in a fast paced and growth oriented function and who can lead teams to successful outcomes.
• Advice and councils Channel sales leader and local Sales Planning & Operations leader on business issues with facts and analysis
• Leads core planning processes and key business initiatives across several stakeholders
• Manages programs and key initiatives for sales benefit against planning strategies. Researches problems, and delivers solutions working cross-functionally to resolve.
• Develops complex solutions to business problems through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers.
• Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improves business performance and contributes to corporate goals and strategic intent. Anticipates operational program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
• Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information. Considers Dell EMC wide implications of decisions and recommendations.
• Knowledge of industry and business principles related to sales process and key performance indicators. Leverages business acumen and financial acumen to give advice and execute program delivery.
• Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy. Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends.
Executes goals and strategy within area of responsibility. Contributes to strategic decisions affecting the discipline.
• Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
• Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
• 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Strong background in related disciplines (Sales, Sales Operations, Finance) including delivery on business goals and strategy
• Thorough understanding of Dell’s business priorities, strategy, and direction
• Understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations
• Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
• Analytical skills; experience working with large datasets
• Communication skills; ability to work with multiple groups from business to technical
• Ability to PM, build processes, and define governance
• Experience with BMS/SFDC/ Affini
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.