Dell Senior Manager Software Engineer (Austin, TX) Digital–IT in Austin, Texas
Why Work At Dell?
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. And more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees and provide them with growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as part of our team.
What You Will Love About This Job:
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
• Lead a talented Software Engineering organization to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence
• 30% hands-on software development, stepping in and partnering with staff / troubleshooting etc. as needed
• Must be a strong technical decision maker, including hands on experience with Microsoft technologies, Git LAB expertise and Popular open sources technologies
• Hire top candidates and build great teams; manage hiring, staffing and maintaining a diverse and effective workforce
• Manage career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
• Provide leadership and mentoring in engineering best practices, including agile development methodologies, service architectures, and design patterns
• Responsible for ensuring stability and performance of the products are best in class - accountable for performance, availability management and capacity planning
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects
• Lead the implementation of rigorous engineering excellence process and platform improvement initiatives
• Passionate about the customer experience, and ensure every visit a great experience
12+ years of relevant work experience plus a Bachelor’s degree, strongly prefer Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field (or may also consider equivalent additional experience), Experience to include:
• Managerial / technical lead experience (4 years preferred), with ability to provide leadership in a highly matrixed and global organization
• Software engineering skills, and current hands on development experience including Microsoft full stack development (8 years preferred), Git LAB expertise and Popular open sources technologies
• Expert project management skills, including all facets of project life cycle: from initial envisioning, feasibility analysis, and conceptual design through documentation, implementation, enhancements, and on-going support
• Strong presentation and communication skills to present and interface with executives
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and team management skills
• Excellent client management and business skills
• Master’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field
• 4 years of managerial / technical lead experience
• 8 years of hands-on Microsoft full stack software development experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .