Dell Senior Software Engineer - EIG Innovation Studio - Remote Austin/Central Texas in Austin, Texas
Senior Software Engineer, EIG Innovation Studio - Remote US (Austin or Central Texas preferred)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software and proof of concepts for client, edge and cloud platforms, peripherals and applications — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies, designers and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Experience Innovation Group team in Remote US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software incubations, SW proof of concepts and reference architectures across client, edge and cloud.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
• Prepare written software/storage specifications for sophisticated products from architectural diagrams and documents
• Build and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
• Develop, review and implement test strategies for software products and systems
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5+ years of software development expertise in 1 or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java or Python
• 3+ years of sprint-based agile software process experience
• Capacity to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
• Demonstrable experience in Windows based SW development.
• 5–8 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in non-Windows based software development in at least one or more operating systems including Android, Linux or ChromeOS
• 1-3 years experience in cloud-based platforms: AWS or Azure
• 1-3 years experience in AI/ML or data science
• Any containerization or hypervisor experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .