Dell Senior Technical Software Product Manager/Product Owner in Austin, Texas
Product Management Consultant
Dell CPG Device Intelligent Software Product Team delivers modern, simplified, and intuitive ecosystem experience for our customers by leveraging the power of intelligence to provide premium experiences for both end users and ITDMs. We are proudly to be the trust advisor to our customers and partners. Our relationships with our customers begin with day 1 out-of-box experience and continue throughout usage life cycle; with evergreen product design spirit, we commit to deliver personalize experience to improve productivity and engagement everyday, we thrive to receive feedbacks and deliver the fast and delightful solutions to our customers everyday.
We celebrate diversity of people and thoughts, encourage out-of-the-box thinking to challenge status quo, and value putting customers first with innovative solution; Team members are empowered to drive the change for successful outcomes. Together, we build software and solve problems collaboratively. Teammates are always accessible to lend a helping hands.
Product Development Management is a fast-paced environment where innovative thinking is prized. Our team focuses on the delivery of products or computer-based systems for external customers. We lead and deliver the entire lifecycle from product definition and planning through to production and release. We also oversee modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. And to make the whole process run smoothly and seamlessly, we’re experts in project management, from initiation through to delivery, and liaise with other departments on technical matters.
Join us as a Consultant on our Engineering Development team in Austin TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Management Consultant, you will partner closely with Dell Latitude planning and docking planners to identify new experiences, technologies and emerging product/service opportunities that is ready for people return to work in post-pandemic environment . You will conduct in-depth market analysis to optimize new products/solutions and build next generation products, partnering closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to build a product road map and align product strategies for the business, select proper vendors/partners to work closely with Dell SW teams to deliver the product and experience on budget and schedule.
• Collaborate with Latitude and docking hardware planners, Architect, and Dell IT, and UI/UX designers, researchers on the future state experience and portfolios
• Create product vision and roadmap, gain alignment with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Breakdown the product requirements into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
• Working closely with UI/UX designer and researchers to conduct new experience research results and finalize product design plan
• Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver user centric software experiences
• Design and track well-defined KPI and metrics to measure product performance
• Be the product experts of new solution you are responsible, working closely with marketing team, messaging team to define and approve Go-To-Market message and any promotional video creation.
• Become the subject matter expert for the assigned product/programs, ability to engage with customers both in person or digital form (meetings, forums, feedback tools) to understand their business needs and challenges; consolidate that into our product strategy and roadmap to continue improve our product at its best
• Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban
• Author strategy docs, white papers, market research and vision documents along with user stories for current and future products
• Present strategic product communications across multiple stakeholder organizations including our customers and partners.
• Manage the entire product life cycle, prototyping and testing new features and changes to our product and processes
• Create measurable KPIs and monitor success of the program. Drive cross organization and business segment alignments to have steadily growth of adoption rate and retention rate, and the best customer satisfaction score for both ITDMs and end users.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
As a seasoned technical software product manager/product owner, you have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of data-informed decision making, lean startup, agile and user centered design values, principles, and practices. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing, and synthesizing input from many directions and enabling the terms that you work with to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing collaboratively with your team members. You are the trust partner and thought leader for your teammates, together, you deliver a successful solution and keep a good KPI to measure the success.
The following are attributes we see in successful candidates, but they are not strict requirements:
• Experience in defining long-term product strategy and vision and then putting them into action
• Knowledgeable of cloud and on premise solutions, able to work closely with architects to define the solutions for both ITDMs and corporate end users.
• Good understanding of PC ecosystem hardware and software architecture and design
• Ability to think end-to-end, enjoy designing a solution or solve a problem that abstract the technical complexities to deliver a simplified user experiences
• Experience with various software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
• Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
• Have insight to modern interactive design and development standards; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experience
• Business and entrepreneurial acumen with strategic and critical thinking
• Strong technical acumen with a history of building/delivering enterprise cloud and/or on premise solutions.
• Experience in writing EPIC/user stories, using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize decision-making.
• Strong technical skills in IT, datacenter, edge computing systems, Cloud, compute, storage, networking and security
• Strong software vendor management experiences, know how to drive partners' software scrum masters/developers to deliver desire outcomes within target schedule and budget.
• Strong presentation and communication skills to Exec, and individuals to drive consensus of our strategy.
• 10+ years’ experience in Software Product Management is preferred
• Consumer Science Degree or MBA is a plus.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 10/1/21
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .