Dell Web Production Analyst in Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
This role will work as part of the Merchandising Operations team to set up & maintain merchandising of configs/ordercodes available to customers via Dell’s South Asia online websites (Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Thailand, Indonesia), as well as selected merchandising/discounting visible to sales agents in offline sales tools.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting with day-to-day coordination of the South APJ Merch Ops team (10 heads)
• Management of request intake & task assignment across the team
• Ongoing governance of operational processes to ensure constant levels of productivity & on-time delivery
• Identifying & acting upon opportunities for process improvements on an ongoing basis
• Manage relationships with key stakeholder teams
• Dealing with stakeholder / executive escalations
• Acting as backup / deputy for the Merch Ops Team Lead as appropriate
(The remainder of the description below refers to the overall team roles & responsibilities)
• Setup & maintenance of ordercode merchandising using the DMA tool (Data Maintenance Application)
• The definition of "ordercode merchandising" includes the following items:
o Module/option categorization
o Ordercode short/long description
o Order code imagery
o Help Me Choose links
o Banner images
o Option images
• Maintaining accurate ordercode pricing for both online and offline
• Creation of discounts and coupons using the DnC (El Dorado) tool
• Support for New Product Launch / cycle refresh / ordercode creation, to include all above tasks, plus activation of finished ordercodes
• Setup/maintenance of Candy Aisle & Service Speed Bump for online
• Demand/Supply – manage supply transitions of ordercodes, based on inventory levels
• Flawless execution of online merchandising setup for ongoing marketing activity: weekly promo go-lives, monthly refreshes & ad-hoc promo campaigns (Days of Deals, etc)
• Working closely with the APJ Online Store (GOMD) team to ensure that accurate and up-to-date inputs are provided and ensure merchandising can happen in sync with the ordercode creation performed by the GOMD team.
• The team support APJ countries across all segments (Consumer, Small Business, Large Enterprise, etc.)
• The team also support all lines of business: tablets, gaming, notebooks, desktops, servers, printers, etc.
• The role will involve interactions with the following teams:
o APJ Online Store Team (GOMD)
o APJ Product Line Managers (PLM)
o APJ Merchandising Managers
o APJ Pricing Team
o Global Audit/Quality team
Candidates should have previous experience of working in a product expert or data-oriented environment with a strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and hitting tight deadlines. Good communication skills and good team working skills will be necessary to work closely with the APJ Online Store team and other key stakeholders. A passion for efficiency and high quality is essential. Also important is a proactive focus on simplification, in order to drive improvements to operational process, hence benefiting the business and the Dell customer experience.
Summary of key requirements:
• As with all Dell employees, solid English skills also required as this role will be working as part of a global team.
• Ability to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-moving operational environment
• Strong tactical execution skills, attention to detail and accuracy essential
• A positive team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• High standard of written and verbal English
• Ability to remain focused in a sometimes pressurized working environment
• Ability to deliver tasks on time & maintain a continuous high level of productivity
• Degree-level education preferable
• Previous Dell product knowledge is a distinct advantage
• A basic understanding of online marketing is desirable
• Prior knowledge of Dell proprietary tools (DMA, El Dorado) is an advantage but not essential – full training will be provided