Dell Business Intelligence Senior Analyst in Bengaluru, India
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Dell Technologies is driven by data. Our business is built on the understanding that data creates value and drives progress. So, we take the stewardship of our data very seriously. That’s the vital role played by Business Intelligence teams within Business Support. Internal clients across Dell rely on us to analyze, test, validate and maintain the integrity of data. We make use of leading-edge software and tools to collect, mine and interpret data and the statistical analyses and reports we produce inform decisions with a global impact.
Join us as a Senior Analyst on our Business Intelligence team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will evaluate business data to produce meaningful insights and metrics, identifying trends that improve business performance. You will encourage best practices and knowledge sharing within the organization, and as a trusted advisor to the business you will also end users to determine information requirements.
• Build Data Integration Solutions leveraging cutting edge technologies for complex BI solutions
• Consult with Product Owner to identify new ETL requirements to automate Data Integration
• Simplify and standardize solutions at regular intervals, define and influence metrics definitions from a global perspective
• Design, run and implement DI Solutions to support the business and collaborate with other groups to provide feedback and help in process improvement
• Follow industry trends and discuss them with the internal business teams
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Good technical capabilities and presentation skills
• 3 to 5 Years of Experience in development of complex Data Integration efforts involving Teradata, SSIS, Hadoop(Hive, Hbase,Sqoop) or any other ETL Tool
• Should have strong experience in building and optimizing cubes with MS TOLAP
• Should have the ability to manage requirements gathering to design and implementation phases of product
• Should possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
• Should have demonstrable ETL solution design and delivery in an Complex High Performance Analytics environment
• Should have excellent exposure on development of ETL Solutions using Advanced SQL with Teradata as RDBMS.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with Hadoop technologies including Streamsets, HDFS, MapReduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, Kafka.
• A thorough understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies (including Agile, DevOPS, and Continuous Development practices) is required in addition to strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 30 April 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .