Dell Principal Software Engineer - IT in Bengaluru, India
The Senior Application Developer will have ownership of a subset of applications identified on an as-needed basis. In addition to maintaining the canned technical architectures, they will be responsible for adding, maintaining and extending the packaged application's components. Senior Developers will work closely with the functional resources to ensure that applications are fulfilling EMC's business requirements. Activities will include all aspects of development lifecycles (e.g. analysis, design, development, test, etc.). Senior Developers will be responsible for reviewing and approving code, tech designs and unit test plans for associate application developers and application developers. Senior Developers may be made responsible for ensuring application development standards are adhered to, both for their own development and that of application developers and associate application developers within their immediate group. This individual may also need to manage day-to-day activities of an offshore production support team.
Within the PMCT organization, the candidate will provide hands on Product Modeling using SAP Solution Sales Configurator (SSC). This is the latest best-of-breed configurator provided by SAP. They will support the product modeling needs required by EMC to meet their operational, tactical and strategic objectives by providing the following services:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops and maintains applications for business processes and systems.
· Authors Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled.
· Develops Unit Test Plans to test programs and ensures that standards and policies are adhered to.
· Obtains Technical Designs and Unit Test plan reviews from other Programming Staff and may perform Test Designs and Unit Test plan reviews of other developers; also responsible for mentoring junior developers with code reviews, design reviews, and unit t
· Develops and unit tests application programs as specified in Technical Designs and obtains code reviews from other Programming Staff, while ensuring that all programming standards and policies are adhered to.
· Provides production support of applications in production by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution.
· Responsible for ensuring adherence to development best practices and standards of associate application developers and application developers within their immediate group and may be required to act as Solution Delivery Lead (SDL) representing IT on particular projects
· Support business users with Product Modeling and assure compliance with modeling standards
· Support management of modeling data within test and production environments
· Assist in gathering, documenting and clarifying business requirements
· Creating functional designs using a disciplined application implementation methodology
· Translating system requirements into unit and function test scripts
· Executing unit test scripts, and supporting function and user acceptance testing
· Assist project managers in identifying tasks and developing project plans
· Assist project managers in the execution of project tasks and communicate issues and status in a timely manner
· Assist in the on-going support and continuous improvement of the implemented solutions
Must have ability to effectively prioritize work assignments and work in a team environment. Candidate should possess excellent problem solving skills. Must work under minimal direction and exercise considerable latitude and provide technical expertise in developing business solutions. Must interface with senior management to provide and obtain information to build consensus regarding project direction.
· Strong object-oriented Java development expertise
· Knowledge of SAP's technical infrastructure including table definitions, users exits, enhancements, and iDocs
· Additional experience with SAP Variant Configuration (VC) is a major plus.
· Problem solving skills.
· Communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Strong technical aptitude.