Dell Senior Manager, Software Engineering in Bengaluru, India
Senior Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineering Manager on our Infrastructure Services Group in Dell India R&D, primarily focusing on Systems Management products.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will direct the activities of a software development function for software product enhancements and introduce new products. You will work with internal and external partners on the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of Systems Management software across Servers, Storage, Solutions and Networking elements
• Participate in long-range planning and development of operational goals and engineering specifications
• Contribute to the modification, development and implementation of company practices and policies that affect subordinate employees
• Create schedules and work plans and be accountable for managing a budget
• Provide innovative solutions to complex problems and communicate progress toward project/program goals
• Liaise with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs
• Responsible for product roadmap, product delivery, as well as day-to-day management of software development.
• Need to provide strong technical guidance and bring expertise in Software development processes and methodologies such as Agile Scrum.
• Need to extensively work with cross-functional teams/roles such as Technologists, Product Management, Release Management and Program Management and other engineering teams.
Roles and Responsibilities :
Manage a development team developing products in Systems Mgmt product portfolio using various technologies like Python, C/C++, Microservices, Open API 3.0 specs , Python
Deliver products to scope, schedule and quality
Manage and prioritize deliverables
Work closely with Technologists and product management to determine feasibility of product features
Encourage process and product innovation and drive efficiency
Actively engage in resolving key issues that impact the team or the product
Report status to senior management
Set performance goals and perform performance reviews/appraisals
Mentor/Coach team members to identify and achieve their career goals.
Identify and schedule training to enhance technical and non-technical knowledge/skills of the team
Hire and retain talent
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Ability to apply software lifecycle and quality assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner in order to bring high-quality products to market on time
• Solid understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor offerings
• Capability to write and review requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation
12 to 15 years of relevant experience
4+ years managerial experience
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Leadership skills in working with extended engineering teams
Experience working with globally distributed teams
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 10-Oct-2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .