Dell Senior Software Quality Engineer, Mainframe in Bengaluru, India
Job Title: Software Quality Senior Engineer
Job Location : Bangalore
Company Description :
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
· Testing and QA of applications running on mainframe and communicating with EMC PowerMax storage.
· Responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and service ability of new features and releases of software.
· Responsible for updating methods and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards. Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes.
· Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
· Maintains and modifies test environment and configuration as needed, creates new test environments and configurations to meet test cases or problem recreation requirements.
· Documents test results and manages and maintains defect and test case databases to assist in the continuous improvement and modification of software.
· Assists in the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development Works with quality and development engineers in resolution of problems.
· Fully competent in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software.
· Demonstrated skill with developing appropriate test methodologies.
· Fully competent in the use of necessary tools and applications. Sphere of influence is likely to extend outside of work group or department.
· Develops new test methodologies or processes, re-evaluate existing processes.
· Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
· Responsible for providing requirements and specifications for the automation of test cases.
· Accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipate issues and addresses proactively.
· Provide solutions for wide range of complex problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, under only limited direction.
· Knowledge and wide application of engineering principles, theories, and concepts, and working knowledge of other related fields.
· General understanding of business environment.
· Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
· A Master/Specialist degree in a Computer Science related discipline
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Knowledge of MF (z/OS, s/390/370/60, JCL, REXX, IBM Utilities, MF Application);
· System Administration in Mainframe;
· Storage Management and Administration;
· Testing methodologies;
· Experience in Storage products is a plus (XRC, PPRC, TimeFinder, SRDF, backup and recovery tools);
· Experience in EMC or IBM Storage products and applications.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .