Dell Senior Systems Development Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Title: Senior Systems Development Engineer
Work Location: Bangalore
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
Join us as a Senior Systems Development Engineer on our Systems Development Engineering team in Bengaluru to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will design, define and implement complex system requirements for customers and prepare studies and analyses of existing systems.
• Plan and execute testing within timelines while guiding less experienced Engineers on the task.
• Prepare documentation for inspection/testing process and procedures
• Actively participate in test planning & test cases selection; understand validation requirements and execution parameters.
• Own one of the modules (Compute, Network, Storage & Virtualization) as a Subject Matter Expert
• Troubleshoot any testbed issues collaborating with other SMEs or peer teams as necessary
• Prepare testbeds and plan test cases on VMware virtualization technologies like NSX-V/NSX-T and VMware Cloud Foundation
• Assist in troubleshooting testbeds mitigating the risk of delayed release
• Collaboratively work with other SMEs and Leads on team to build testbeds with latest technology
• Keep abreast with technology, prioritizing those which are currently being Engineered
• Work with Professional Services for Customer upgrade discussions
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5 to 8 years of related experience
• Good understanding of Dell EMC VxBlock System Architecture
• Deep knowledge of hardware and software interactions, and ability to apply this understanding to resolve issues and design test cases/validation parameters.
• Demonstrated ownership and accountability is prior roles/project engagements.
• Demonstrated Capability to influence others to achieve results.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior exposure to testing and tools like Cloudshell and qTest
• Prior exposure to Ansible playbooks and Python language
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .