Dell Software Principal Engineer (C++ Linux Firmware) in Bengaluru, India
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell IDrac is an embedded system management hardware and software solution team to manage: Multiple servers, Networking, Storage. It provides a secure browser-based interface that enables an IT administrator to take inventory, perform configuration and monitoring tasks, remotely power on/off blade servers and enable alerts for events on servers and components in the blade chassis
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As a part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
Qualification / Experience : A BE/ME/MS degree in CS, ECE, CE with 8+ years of industry experience in System Management software development
• Strong firmware / System development background with strong C development and debug skills is mandatory
• Strong in Embedded Linux programming, OS Internals, memory management, IPC, thread programming and embedded application software development.
• Solid understanding of SNMP, IPMI protocols. Experience/exposure to I2C, SPI, MCTP, NCSI, PLDM, uEFI protocol is an essential.
• Very good Server system architecture understanding, along with Power and Thermal domain expertise, System power optimizations is essential.
• Prior experience in Grade Temperature range, analysis of ‘Thermal Design Power’ characterization is advantage.
• Adequate knowledge on board bring up, microcontroller, firmware development, Bare metal OS provisioning and/or Thermal Engineering on hardware will be advantage.
• Solid understanding of Networking/Storage protocols like SAS, SCSI, SATA, iSCSI, FCoE, LLDP is a plus.
• Proficient in software development tools such as IDEs, compilers, debuggers, emulators, source control system and defect/ bug tracking systems.
• Prior work experience as a lead dealing with cross functional teams, partners / vendors, open sources and standards.
• PCI-E, DDR, 10GBE protocols along with CPU architecture will be an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .