Dell Software Quality Sr Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyzes to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Typically responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved. Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Performs development and execution of software quality methods and processes. Implements and defines testing methodology and standards to improve results. Responsible for testing systems and applications software. After testing provides feedback to developers on potential changes. Works independently with other engineering functions from design through production, to design, develop, and implement procedures for testing systems and equipment. Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures are in compliance with industry specific standards.
Within the PMCT organization, the candidate will perform the testing models implemented by modeler using SAP Solution Sales Configurator (SSC). This is the latest best-of-breed configurator provided by SAP. They will support the product modeling needs required by EMC to meet their operational, tactical and strategic objectives by providing the following services:
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides solutions for wide range of complex problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, under only limited direction.
· Authors and executes test cases and testing methodology for manual tests.
· Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during regression and testing phase.
· Software development expertise from a coding perspective. This is required for building test automation.
· Proficiency in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software. General knowledge of at least one mainstream language, (preferred proficiency in C++ or JAVA). Familiarity with scripting language, Python, Perl or Shell Scripting in open systems.
· Knowledge and wide application of engineering principles, theories, and concepts, and working knowledge of other related fields.
· Develops new test methodologies or processes, re-evaluates existing processes. Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
· Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles. Sphere of influence is likely to extend outside of work group or department.
· General understanding of business environment. Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
· Accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipate issues and addresses proactively.
· Cross-Functional skill.
· Communication skills.
· Project management skills.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Problem solving skills.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Proficiency in software and/or operating systems environments.
BE/BTech CS, CE, EE or related field of study
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Software Quality Assurance with a solid understanding of SQA processes and functional testing of SAP based solutions or Oracle Configurator.
Additional experience with SAP Variant Configuration (VC) is a major plus.
Expertise in SQL language and backend testing must.