Dell Import/Export Supervisor in Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
In this fast-changing world, our customers need our latest technology – and they need it now. And that’s where our expert Logistics team within Materials and Procurement comes in. We’re tasked with getting products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively to Dell Technologies customers. We work in partnership with fulfillment and logistics providers to ensure a visible service to our supply chain and smooth delivery services to end users.
As the Logistic Import/Export Supervisor, you will be :
• Responsible to lead a Global team executing the Service Dispatches customer screening to comply with all U.S. Export Regulations following and ensuring Global Trade Police for risks mitigation.
• Responsible for Global screening operation running 24/7 reaching an aggressive SLA performance.
• Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
• Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of teammembers.
• Develops and sets strategic goals for the team.
• Delivers reports and presentations to senior management.
Some team activities under Supervisor responsibilities :
• Responsible for compliance operation for releasing Global Service Dispatches and orders as per US export regulations for all Dell entities, Partners and Customers in order to maintain a high standard of compliance with International Trade, Customs and Other Government Agency laws
• Helps in continuous processes improvement in support of small to medium size Global project to enhance systems, processes, policies, etc. May provide subject matter expertise on more complex deals involving specific region or country laws/regulations.
• Under supervision and with guided direction, helps to communicate and train, on policies, processes and system changes.
• Assists in compiling relevant reporting that facilitates execution or measures performance of business operations work.
• Assists in analyzing and maintaining the company Foreign trade data
• Develop, implement, and administer global import & export compliance programs, including regional export compliance programs. Work with cross functional team to ensure compliance with import & export control laws.
• Analyze and determine import/export product harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) classification. Determine Export Control Classification Numbers and Export Licensing requirements for US
exports. Respond to compliance concerns and critical service issues as they occur.
• Recommend ongoing improvements to Trade procedures and Trade management systems to enhance efficiency and compliance.
• Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and recordkeeping, systems, and reporting requirements. Interpret and apply international trade rules and regulations. Research,
document, and review international trade advice.
Essential Requirements :
• +5 years of relevant experience with team management background of experience
Knowledge/exposure in logistics operations, basic knowledge of import and export requirements would be preferred
• English fluency
Desirable Requirements :
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .