Dell Senior Engineer, Technical Support in Cairo, Egypt
Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve highly complex customer issues related to flash technology (XtremIO) data storage and possesses a strong background in Linux. Able to handle data unavailable situations. Accepts escalation requests from other technical team members as the subject matter expert. Uses knowledge gained from prior job-related experience to independently determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources within the organization. Works closely with engineering and cross functional team in resolving customer issues. Identifies, develops and implements problem resolutions and follows standard practices and procedures. Will be expected to develop and participate in training and problem resolutions. Develops broad knowledge of the organization's mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues.
• Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases. Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
• Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Remote technical support department. Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment through a variety of mediums.
• Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks like Engineering for assigned product and skills.
• Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs for code currency, reporting and product knowledge in collaboration with field teams. Understands and leverages technical communication structure; may be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
• Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as: Chat, Knowledge-base content, Support Forums, etc. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database. Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
• As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities; may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
Critical Hiring Criteria
• Communication skills.
• Analytical ability.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Vendor management skills.