Dell Software Engineer (C programming) in California
The Software Engineering team delivers Next-Generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineer Engineering Development on our Engineering Development team in - Santa Clara/ Bay Area to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Data Domain Filesystems Engineering team builds the best of breed dedupe filesystem for a storage industry that is growing exponentially. Working at the cutting edge, we enhance and develop next generation filesystem products with a goal to be THE industry leading backup solution for applications anywhere, whether on-premise or in the cloud — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and in collaboration with internal and external partners
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Participate in the preparation, review and evaluation of software/storage requirements and specifications
• Prepare written specifications for tasks of varied complexity from verbal requirements
• Use defined software lifecycle methodologies
• Review and implement test strategies for software products
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems, complex multithreaded application development
• Knowledge of server, storage, networking and client technologies
• Ability to code/debug moderately sophisticated programs using design specifications
• Knowledge of software architectures and applications
• 2–5 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Systems Design for scaling, complex distributed client server applications
• Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .