Dell Senior Network Engineer - Durham, NC in Durham, North Carolina
Join us as a Senior Network Engineer in Durham, NC to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Senior Network Engineer (Lab Support Senior Engineer) will manage the planning, development, installation and operations of network systems by evaluating current and future business requirements and provide support for all customers as it relates to network design, network operations, network convergence and network security.
• Provides support, investigating, analyzing, and resolving problems on network components
• Makes recommendations on the development of new internal programs or modifications of current systems
• Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels
• Performs complex issue analysis and may perform lead role on smaller or less complex projects
• Responsible for establishing project plans, budgets, schedules and documentation of work
• Conducts periodic vulnerability and security risk assessment of the network assets within the organization; ensures network availability to all users
• Controls, tests and analyzes the status and performance of all components of network facilities
• Collaborates with other engineering and architecture groups, readily share information with others; actively seeks customer input and take responsibility for customer situations
• Contributes to the development of innovative and cost-effective solutions to problems or design of complex integrated data processing and communication solutions
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
6+ years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience
Strong knowledge of appropriate networks, products and protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2, Layer 3
Experience with Cisco Nexus (Arista EOS or Dell FTOS highly desirable as well)
Strong troubleshooting skills
Customer management skills and strong communication skills
Ability to work in a virtual team environment
Desirable experience with: iSCSI, PXE, Infoblox, or similar DDI tool
Available to travel occasionally
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy) .