Dell Director SW Engineering in Herzliya, Israel
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
.Job description – Director of Engineering, Cloud DR
Cloud DR is an innovative Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) capability allowing customers to leverage Public Cloud economics to achieve cost-efficient Business Continuity. It allows customers to protect virtual machines from on premise environments to the public clouds, employing extensive automation of DR testing and DR failover of VMs into cloud instances in case of a disaster.
We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Director for our Cloud DR project, reporting directly to the VP of Engineering in this area. This position can be based at either of our Beer Sheva or our Herzliya sites.
• Lead the Development, QA and Devops of Cloud DR. End-to-end ownership - from early design phases to deploy and field support.
• Oversee a vibrant team of 45 engineers across Beer Sheva and Herzliya sites, working in agile methodology.
• Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high-performing group.
• Be part of Sr. engineering management team shaping product roadmap, planning and tracking execution progress and risks
• Provide design and architecture leadership. Be both a highly technical and an effective people manager.
• Recruit, train and mentor managers and engineering team members.
• 5+ years' experience in managing multiple R&D teams (at least 30 people).
• Proven track record of delivering complex engineering projects to market.
• Experience in managing development of cloud services and applications (AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent ability to solve problems and think outside the box.
• Get things done mentality!
• Previous experience as a Director/Group Manager in R&D – advantage.
• Team player – ability to effectively collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders, in a large multinational corporate