Dell Senior SW Engineer in Herzliya, Israel
Senior SW Engineer
Join us as a software engineer on our Powerflex engineering team in Israel to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
At PowerFlex we pride ourselves on the flexibility, performance, and reliability and of our software-defined distributed storage solutions.
As a senior software engineer you will be responsible for developing cutting edge software while providing creative solutions based on our business needs.
• Lead complex SW features through agile software lifecycle.
o Gather, Learn, analyze and balance software requirements, shaping them into actionable items
o Write high quality modular SW designs
o Implement great code.
o Define and implement concrete tests and metrics to ensure the definition of done is met.
o Communicate clear and accurate technical documentation
o Provide long term support
• Improve our stability by troubleshooting and integrating smart solutions to existing components.
• Help improve development methodologies.
• Coach peers, partake and lead design reviews while driving best practices to constantly improve the quality of our product.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 6 years of hands on experience with one or more of the following: storage, device drivers, databases, networking, embedded software/firmware development, Linux.
• Terrific coding skills, in depth knowledge of C/C+• B.Sc. CS or EE with exceptional marks from a top university
• Experience working for leading companies
• Great team player who knows when and how to push independently when needed.
• M.Sc. CS or EE with exceptional marks from a top university
• Strong knowledge in storage systems data-path
• Experience and understanding of Linux internals
• Experience in agile methodologies.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 1.6.2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy) .