Dell Senior Advisor, Data Science in Hyderabad, India
Data Science Senior Advisor
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Data Science team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Data Science Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for contributing to business strategy and influence decision making based on information gained from deep dive analysis. You will produce actionable and compelling recommendations by interpreting insights from complex data sets. You will design processes to consolidate and examine unstructured data to generate actionable insights. You will also partner with business leaders, engineers and industry experts to construct predictive models, algorithms and probability engines.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements
• Develop and apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights
• Develop and drive testing of algorithms efficacy for differing analytical use-cases
• Performs end-to-end steps involved in model development while establishing subject-matter expertise
• Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of large databases
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8 to 12 years of related experience
• Strong statistical and Predictive Analysis skills
• Solid Macro, C, C++, Visual Basic Programming, Python/ R, SAP Business Objects (BOBJ)
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence : SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI/ Tableau Software
• Deep knowledge and understanding of both relational (SQL Server/ PostgreSQL/ Oracle/ Teradata) and No-SQL(MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.,) skills.
• Good understanding of business environment and industry trends
• Good communication and problem-solving skills and being customer focused
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to act as a coach to the team
• Strong product/technology/industry knowledge
• Knowledge of RPA, Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .