Dell Advisory Systems Engineer in Maryland
Advisory Systems Engineer
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our experienced team always steps up to the mark. We own the development and implementation of sophisticated and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installation or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Join us as a Advisory Systems Engineer on our Sales Engineering team in
Remote - Maryland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you will provide pre-sales technical support to our field sales teams, helping to define the overall Dell Technologies solution for our customers using the full range of company products and services.
• Build and communicate an account technology plan which includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and achievements and business relevant technology solutions
• Research and communicate technology, industry and market trends and mentor customers on their application
• Maintain knowledge of driven solutions to efficient address; understanding of HDS, IBM and NetApp Storage Solutions is essential
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Relevant selling experience or hands-on implementation/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or SP)
• Ability to engage with and influence key customer decision makers, from CIO level to enterprise architects, application owners and development teams, as well as LOB functions working down to the Private Cloud teams, bridging the gap between the customer ITSM and DevOps cultures
• 12 or more years of related experience in a relationship-selling role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Senior-level sales engineer with expertise in sophisticated products and services offerings
• Knowledge or certification in ITIL, TOGAF or similar qualifications
• Understanding of VMware, Multi-cloud, Security and Application development
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .