Dell IT Architecture Data Protection in Massachusetts
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Virtustream cloud platform data protection architect. In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the quality, cost, and fit for purpose of infrastructure and software for critical workloads. Cloud operations requires aggressive automation, regardless of the technology consumed. This architect role includes not only design of technical component assembly, but also roadmaps and paths to automation. You will also design integrations between these technologies and open source or commodity technologies.
Technical domain areas include compute, network, and storage including virtualizations in each of those areas.
Knowledge of Enterprise Application, Physical to Virtual Migrations will be necessary in addition to the skills in designing physical architecture.
Knowledge of Enterprise Applications, Virtual Desktop, Big Data, and Industry-specific Vertical Applications must be acquired and developed to best position adaptations of these applications or of present infrastructure and service components to facilitate operations in a cloud environment.
The strongest candidates will:
· Be familiar with disaster recover scenarios, capabilities, and features as well as enterprise requirements around these items.
· Be familiar with Dell Technologies products and solutions as a palette for cloud platform construction
· Have experience in designing, engineering, and operating IaaS platforms.
· Have extensive experience with VMware virtualization products
· Be able to design options for hybrid cloud workloads, integrate virtualized storage, consider replication requirements (RPO, RTO), and develop requirements to host enterprise applications and databases.
· Be familiar with security and operations certifications such as ISO27001, SOC-1, SOC-2, PCI-DSS, HiTrust/HIPPA, FedRamp, and ITAR.
Ultimately, you are responsible for seeing your designs come to fruition, and as such will need to demonstrate leadership including listening to those closest to the technologies, addressing conflict in technical discussions, and assessing risks and rewards of approaches, and breaking technical deadlock with confident decisions.
You will leverage your expert research capabilities, your ability to learn fast and your ability to communicate clearly in order to work effectively with diverse and dispersed virtual teams and
You will have the technical and negotiation skills to drive cross-functional efforts to produce timely, valuable and actionable results.
· 8+ years Infrastructure Architect experience
· Understand IaaS offerings (VM rental or Server rental)
· Strong comprehension of Hyper-Converged-Infrastructure (e.g. VMware vSAN) with servers contributing compute, network, and storage.
· Demonstrated experience analyzing and extracting requirements from existing applications
· Develop detailed testing plans and expectations
· Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Product Management functions to continuously improve delivery
· Produce run books and "as designed" documentation for Operations and Engineering functions
· Create test plans and documentation-
· Capable of executing lab work to assess thresholds, determine scaling triggers, and specify metrics for collection / long term retention-
· Able to prioritize conflicting demands for time-
· Documentation and presentation skills-
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.