Dell Inside Sales Manager II in Nashville, Tennessee
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Inside Sales Manager.
Aligns, influences and owns business initiatives (team, partners and peers).
· Ensures framework alignment to global strategies. Drives sales metrics for inside sales organization.
· Operational leader for sales organization. Effective communication/escalation point for field.
· Leader among sales managers influences how others engage/interact with client set.
· Leads initiative to create strategic pricing, competitive analysis and longer deal cycle.
· Manages a staff of professional level team members or manages a team through entry-level supervisors.
· Defines roles and responsibilities for a smooth operation for his area of responsibility in line with global standards. Establishes and influences operating policies. Plans for an area’s future needs and operations
· Responsible for assisting with strategic direction of sales organization
· Conducts account opportunity assessments and develop business cases as needed to support the growth of the account
People Management & Engagement
· Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
· Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
· Manager of leaders who motivates and drives the inside sales organization to meet or exceed performance objectives through effective management of front line sales managers and resources.
· Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group leaders, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or exceed performance objectives through effective management of front line sales managers and resources.
· Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group leaders, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
· Manages, through subordinate supervisors and leaders, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
· Influences and participates in the quota setting process at the team/individual level.
Coordinates (where appropriate) operations and manages the relationship between inside and field sales personnel.
· Provides direction, development and inspiration to the team members in the organization.
Understands the market in which the company operates, including our business/industry, our competitors and uses that knowledge to plan for the future.
· Drives superior customer experience by delivering technology solutions tailored to customer needs while ensuring the removal of barriers and driving strategic alignment in the group.
· 5-7 years of relevant experience in people management within sales
· Prior experience working with NA/US market required
· High complexity relative to scope of responsibility (e.g., headcount, segment, products/services, strategic initiatives)
· Potential to manage multiple lines of business, channels or geographic regions
· Flexibility to work in an ever changing and demanding environment
· Dynamic and proactive individual who thinks analytically as well as practically
· Ability to develop strong relationships with team members, customers, Partners & Distributors
· Understanding of the full Sales cycle, the PC/Services industry and ability to change process when needed
· Organizational skills – ability to prioritize, work to tight timescales and maintain team focus
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .