Dell Dell Solution Architect - Managed Services in New York, New York
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself. Experienced Solutions Architect - Pre-sales resource is required for developing comprehensive Managed Services solutions for pursuits of the highest complexity. Provides leadership and direction to create services solutions that enable customers to move from their current state, through transition and transformation and into their future desired state. Broad understanding of the technical, financial and commercial aspects of Managed Services solutions and an ability to work cross functionally to develop solutions that form the backbone of winning Managed Services proposals. Recognized as an expert on Managed Services offerings and the EMC technologies, processes, delivery frameworks and business and financial models that enable them. Serves as a thought leader and partner with internal and external constituents to transition the best possible outcomes. Responsible for understanding customer business and technical requirements and translating them into MS solutions, using standard portfolio elements as key solution building blocks whenever possible. Builds a fully custom solution as required to meet customer requirements, and maps to core Dell EMC offerings and competencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Is responsible for working with the hosted portfolio of products and services and other cross-functional teams to determine whether a proposed solution is more broadly leverageable.
. Helps to create innovative solutions that takes into account best practices and serves to more easily enable its future reuse.
· Provides sales support in developing solutions, partners with Principal Solutions Principal and coordinates the development of activities across multiple functional areas to enable a response to an RFP.
· Summarizes and potentially c reates presentations for a variety of customers and Dell EMC employees.
· Displays strong listening skills in discussions with the customer, understands how Dell EMC can provide solutions that address customer requirements, leveraging Dell EMC technologies and expertise.
· Defines solid, workable solutions and provides resolution to a diverse range of business problems.
· Has the ability to form a "Trusted Advisor" relationships with the customer, account teams, and leadership. Stays current on overall competitive knowledge in her/his sphere of technical excellence.
· Understands travel is required.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Extensive Dell EMC, partner and competitive knowledge of service offerings, technologies and organizations and the marketplace.
· Presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Communication skills.
· Solid understanding of the competition.
· Consultative skills.
· Customer focused.
· Negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of Accounting principles.
· Understanding of key sales and management reporting tools.
· Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of pre-sales experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .