Dell Product Manager (Embedded Management) - Remote, US (Open) in North Carolina
Product Manager (Embedded Management) - Remote, US
Product Development Management is a fast-paced environment where innovative thinking is prized. Our team focuses on the delivery of products or computer-based systems for external customers. We lead and deliver the entire lifecycle from product definition and planning through to production and release. We oversee modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. And to make the whole process run smoothly and seamlessly, we’re experts in project management, from initiation through to delivery.
This position requires liaising with company stakeholders across the enterprise infrastructure and software organizations to deliver to innovative solutions to our customers. A capable candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration skills, a keen understanding of systems management markets, the ability to learn and adapt quickly, and the product management skills to drive cross-organizational priorities.
Join us as a Consultant on our Product Management team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Management Consultant, you will identify new growth areas, technologies and emerging product/service opportunities. You will conduct in-depth market analysis to optimize existing products/solutions and build next generation products, partnering closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to build a product road map and align product strategies for the business.
• Apply broad knowledge of company’s capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product & service opportunities.
• Author strategy docs, white papers, market research and vision documents along with user stories for current and future products.
• Present strategic product communications across multiple stakeholder organizations.
• Collaborate with other product managers, organizational leaders, engineering, and CTO to augment system management and software product strategies while complementing the Dell EMC portfolio vision and mission.
• Liaise with Dell EMC organizations to translate business needs into prioritized product requirements and collaborate with systems management and software product teams for successful delivery.
• Perform in-depth research and analysis of your market in support of product planning and business case development.
• Perform all product management duties from product inception to end-of-life. This includes product definition and prioritization of product requirements, maintenance of roadmaps, positioning, competitive analysis, end of life transitions, etc.
• Work across all functional areas including regional stakeholders and sales-makers, gathering inputs, updating product plans, and disseminating product knowledge to ensure product success and acceptance.
• Work with product marketing to create product collateral and messaging in support of all GTM activities and product transitions.
• Monitor and review product evaluation metrics from multiple sources and ensure they are considered with future product enhancements.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Relevant undergraduate degree and 12+ years of industry experience or graduate degree with 9+ years of industry experience. Product management experience is critical.
• Experience with x86 server systems management (experience with baseboard management controller technology is strongly preferred)
• Strong technical skills in IT, datacenter, edge, cloud, compute, storage, networking and security.
• Experience in defining long-term product strategy and vision.
• Business and entrepreneurial acumen with strategic and critical thinking.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
• Strong Information Technology background with a history of building/delivering enterprise products (experience in systems management strongly preferred).
• Experience defining products, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope and scheduling and deploying new feature sets.
• Excellent communicator with exemplary writing and presentation skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
• Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple Sr. Leadership teams.
• Team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment.
• Knowledge of the x86 server market including industry leaders, key trends, and technologies.
• Broad experience with systems management and operations within modern IT environments.
• MBA highly recommended.
• Pragmatic Marketing certification.
• Experience presenting to C-level leadership.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .