Dell Director, Technical Services in North Ryde, Australia
Director, Technical Services
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Director on our Technical Support team in Australia.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Support Manager, you will lead and manage a team of technical experts to provide quality support to external customers, maximizing operational results in terms of performance standards and metrics to provide the best experience for our clients.
• Directs, implements, coordinates through second level or first level managers the operational activities
• Assists with the development of strategy and operational policies, processes and programs for assigned area
• Oversee and allocate team resources to maximize the usage of team members and skills to support customer commitments
• Direct and oversee customer escalations and engage external escalation teams and partners as necessary
• Supervise the activities of individual contributors performing similar tasks within a shift, group or department within Global Technical Support
• Analyzes issues and trends regarding programs, products, process, and standards/metrics, and makes recommendations.
• Drives the development, performance standards/metrics, budgets for assigned business area.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 6+ years of related experience as a leader or manager
• Excellent leadership and mentoring abilities
• Ability to multitask management and escalations of critical issues simultaneously
• Experience working in a project-based environment, both regionally and globally
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Please note Dell Australia is closed from Dec 24th - Jan 11th there will be some delay in response. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .