Dell Designated Support Engineer III in Paris, France
Designated Support Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Designated Support Engineer in France.
It takes a lot more than technical skills to deliver for Dell customers as a Designated Support Engineer. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. As the customer’s key point of contact, we’re here to provide personalized, in-depth technical support and proactive planning. From problem management and service call resolution to troubleshooting, we help customers get the best from Dell. Along the way, we work closely with teams including Engineering. We’re known for our communication, business and management skills, plus our sound judgment, as much as our tech expertise.
Customer Management: You ‘own’ your customers. Requires a passion for customer and a strong desire to handle a variety of technical and business issues for customer including very basic issues, complex technical issues, and political challenges, and issues that are ambiguous and require identification.
Problem / Case Management: You are your customers’ champion. Engage as a single point of contact for any issue with the DPS product lines for the assigned customer(s). MUST be adept at troubleshooting not only product issues, but product issues that arise due to infrastructure, interaction with third party products, hardware issues, training or education issues, etc. Must be comfortable troubleshooting complex, command-line based analysis, able to parse and interpret not only product logs and output, but all OS level output as well. Troubleshooting in a VMWare environment is required. This position requires significant experience in troubleshooting break/fix activities outside of just installation and implementation.
Communication and Reporting : The DSE is responsible for managing case logs and communications with the customer including the generation and distribution of reports, conducting weekly status calls to assess current issues and operations. Assessment and participation in planning for growth, migration, new product introduction, DR testing, etc. is expected as well.
Proactive Support: The DSE will provide proactive guidance on subsequent releases of the all contracted products, working with the customer to determine which releases offer relevant improvements, assisting with upgrade planning as needed.
Requires significant product specific troubleshooting experience in the following (at least two) areas: NetWorker, Data Domain, Avamar, Data Protection Advisor
• Must possess a high degree experience and demonstrated proficiency working within an Open Systems environments environment
• 8-10 years industry related experience in specified product Technical Support or with DELL EMC products as an end user
• Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
• 5-8 years each UNIX (including Linux), Microsoft OS troubleshooting and administration, VMWARE installation/configuration/troubleshooting
• Superior analytical and problem solving ability
• Excellent verbal communications, written and organizational skills
• Storage performance tuning skills in order to troubleshoot and run performance cases
• Critical issue management skills
• Ability to utilize various diagnostic utilities
• TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting including DNS
• NAS/SAN storage network configuration/troubleshooting
• Firewalls administration and troubleshooting
• Understanding of the market/technical/business trends of EMC and the customer
• VMWare configuration and administration
• Oracle database backup tools, SQL database and tools, TSM, Configuration and administration of Exchange databases
• WAN bandwidths for T-1, DS-3, T-3, OC-3
• LDAP, Active Directory, or NIS authentication
• Familiarity with major software/hardware vendor support methodology/procedures
• Bash, perl scripting
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re a tech specialist with excellent communication skills and a passion for helping people, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .