Dell Asset Management Process Owner in Round Rock, Texas
Hardware Asset Management Product Consultant
To drive innovation in product development at Dell Technologies, we need forward-thinking people on our Enterprise Service Management team. As part of this team, we devise product and solution strategies and product roadmaps, and look to the market for opportunities to make sure our offerings maximize profitability and remain competitive.
Join us as a Hardware Asset Management Product Consultant on our Enterprise Service Management team in Round Rock TX or Hopkinton MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Hardware Asset Management Product Management Consultant in IT, you will play a foundational role in the definition, design, deployment and ongoing operation of a company wide asset and configuration management process. You will apply broad knowledge of ServiceNow and Hardware Asset Management practices in during the definition of the enterprise process and will collaborate with leaders across the organization on process design and performance.
• Be a member of a fast-paced global team delivering new, existing and enhanced ServiceNow asset management capabilities
• Play a key role in the definition and deployment of an organizational hardware asset management process that includes the creation of an asset management database and registration process within ServiceNow, interaction with cybersecurity processes for the remediation of unregistered devices facilitated by our ITSM platform and oversee ongoing enhancement and operation of the Asset Management process.
• Work closely with the ServiceNow development and configuration team on process enablement and operation
• Define process roadmaps, strategy, KPI's and metrics aligned with organizational objectives and present to senior leadership, peers and colleagues regularly
• Manage requirements gathering and provide advanced interpretation and recommendations
• Manage, advocate, support and improve asset related products through their entire life cycle
• Be a subject matter expert for the Asset Management process
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 10+ years of related experience in IT Asset Management and process ownership, definition, design and operation
• 5+ years experience leading an asset management process built on ServiceNow
• Expert level understanding of IT Asset and Configuration management process, supporting technologies and lifecycle
• Strong leadership and influence skills for driving and collaborating cross functional groups
• Proven ability to create and present process strategy, roadmaps and process performance
• ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of Software Asset Management best practices
• Experience with ServiceNow discovery processes and associated tools (Splunk, SCCM, etc)
• Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 30 April 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .