Dell Linux Administrator in Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock,TX or Remote
Dell Digital and IT is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000+ across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
As a trusted technology provider to G20 governments for more than 20 years, Dell understands the budget concerns, purchasing process and complex security and compliance requirements of the federal government. Our technology solutions help maximize the benefits of previous investments and implement newer, more efficient ones that free up agency time and resources to move Federal Government departments forward in their mission. We currently have an opening on our Federal IT team for a Linux Administration Support role. United States Citizenship Required.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots technical problems within acceptable service levels.
• Communicates with cross-functional teams to provide problem resolution
• Utilizes external and internal resources, including teammates, to investigate technology and build knowledge. Regularly contributes to departmental documentation and knowledge bases. Understands and leverages technical and incident communication structure; may be asked to participate in cross-functional teams.
• Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts and participates in root-cause analysis of technical incidents.
• May work on multiple problems or projects simultaneously depending on complexity.
• Participates in process and technical improvements to the IT environments and overall customer experience.
• Mentor/Coach less experienced staff.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
5+ years Linux Administration experience
Linux (Red Hat 6/7), user commands, and administrative tools, including Satellite
Work effectively with our vendor support to diagnose complex issues, apply patches, updates, etc.
Knowledge & Experience in Virtualization - VMware ESXi, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, HA
Experience in Performance Management , Disaster Recovery, DELL Hardware (preferred)
Should be a team player
Open to providing extended coverage as needed
Strong communication skills
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship)
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .