Dell Senior Consultant, Management Consulting/ Sales Strategy in Round Rock, Texas
Snr Consultant : Corporate Strategy Consulting
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Our Corporate Development and Strategy team is at the heart of Dell. It deals with a wide range of initiatives including new business opportunities, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and joint ventures. Providing leadership in design, planning and due diligence, they lead the corporate development of our global business to help achieve our long-term growth objectives. They also keep us ahead of the curve by analyzing trends and developments in markets and technology before translating them into strategic operational plans.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play an instrumental role in our strategic development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Sales Strategy, Programs and Intelligence - Snr Consultant
Quite simply, the greater we grow sales of Dell’s ground-breaking products and services, the further and faster we can help drive human progress. That’s where Sales Strategy, Programs and Intelligence comes in. Pushing forward key sales strategic initiatives and supporting the development of long-term sales growth plans, this expert team enables us to deliver innovative tech to more customers than ever before. It’s a far-reaching and varied field that includes transformational programs, analyzing our strategic priorities, developing and managing sales measurement models and identifying new areas of opportunity. From evaluating game changing strategies to diagnosing sales force needs, it’s all about continually improving sales effectiveness.
• Drives transformational efforts of cross functional teams to achieve strategic and end-to-end objectives for the group
• Identifies and brings key strategic issues and opportunities forward in a clear and structured way
• Providing thought leadership through collection, synthesis, and communication of analytics and insights to drive strategies and decision making for executives.
• Working with top executives across the organization to shape and drive strategic agendas across GBS, and also strategic agendas within their functions.
• Analyzes and recommends organization-wide strategic priorities, sales force performance metrics and sales effectiveness tracking methods to maintain and improve the company’s competitive advantage in the market Identifies and evaluates sales growth strategies
• Serves as primary interfaces with other internal functions, based on BU and/or regional requirements to manages coordination with sales force and cross-functional organizations
• Develops sales measurement models and diagnostic tools to help identify sales performance indicators, key areas of opportunity and sales force training needs
• Recommends and implements sales force performance strategies and tracking models on the basis of analytical findings
• Responsible for influencing sales behavior and capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Highly developed business partnering and stakeholder management skills
• Ability to build and manage relationships with key leaders, influencing decisions in line with strategy and objectives
• Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment
• Strong analytical skills to develop insights into complex business issues
• Strong track record of outstanding performance with increasing levels of responsibilities
• Ability to drive through ambiguity to translate strategic vision into operational plans
• Strong leadership skills and an ownership mindset
• Effective project and change management skills
• Distinctive problem solving and analytical thinking
• 6+ years post-graduate working experience in a top tier consulting firm (or equivalent) with Bachelor’s degree in related field or 4+ years with MBA or similar Master’s degree
• Infrastructure solutions and/or sales strategy experience preferred
Location – Austin, TX