Dell Senior Software Engineer in Round Rock, Texas
Dell’s End to End Seller Engineering organization is hiring a Software Development Senior Engineer to contribute in the development of capabilities for Dell Sales applications. A seller (line of business, internal marketer, Account Executive, Internal Sales Rep, Technical Sales Rep, Services and External Channel), offers products, solutions and services to potential and existing buyers for purchase, licensed use, or rental and wants to enable buyers to discover, learn , configure, transact , and receive support aligned to their relevant/contextual product assortment.
Our current team is responsible for future state development, implementing and deploying new enhancements to one seller application (DSA), interacting with development across regions, work closely with our business partners to understand requirements, and develop/enhance existing systems in timely manner.
The team needs individuals with deep e-commerce knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly personalized e-commerce experience. We are looking for the most senior candidates who have a strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative. We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce solutions.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national corporations. Candidates will be familiar with Microsoft technologies, and will have worked on very large web sites dealing with very high volumes.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can drive the direction of very large projects being developed by multi-shore teams.
· Develop features using latest automation technologies and practices.
· Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
· Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
· Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
· Works closely with clients and Product Owners to continually refine software requirements and provide feedback on user scenarios
· The ability to work closely with product owners, developers, program managers and other test teams, to ensure the quality of the owned components
· Support different phases of development and provide production support
· Typically requires 2+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
· Related experience testing web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
· Angular JS is preference.
· Proficiency with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
· Practical knowledge of object oriented programming
· Candidate should have strong programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
· Ability to perform system-wide root cause analyses and drive improvements.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .