Dell Software Principal Engineer in Round Rock, Texas
Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in [Location] to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As a part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
Good knowledge of programming languages; application programming; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities
Ability to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications
Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms
Ability to learn new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here. at https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here at https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement .
Job Description: Dell's Infrastructure Solutions Group is looking for a software engineer with a solid understanding of industry standards and best practice development methodologies.
• The individual will be contributing to a team responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing systems management software solutions.
• The individual should be comfortable working in both in a Linux environment, have experience programming in Java, as well as, expertise in integrating products via Web Services/Rest API.
• Prior experience in accurately scoping implementation resource requirements and schedule timelines is important.
• Individuals should also have good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills to work across a global development team environment.
Qualifications: BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design
• Strong development skills in Java is a must
• Experience in integrating products using Web Services/REST API
• Experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, XML, JSON, Apache, Tomcat
• Experience with Networking, Server and Storage technologies
• Experience with technical and architectural leadership to team members
• Experience with technical leadership for architecture, high level design and implementation
• Experience with effort estimation and project planning
• Experience with remote work and global teams in different time zones