Dell Test Principal Engineer in Round Rock, Texas
Work in a team that is architecting and qualifying the next generation, cutting edge Remote System Management Software. The
solution allows Dell's customers to remotely provision Server HW from barebones and deploy them as production ready
infrastructure in mere minutes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the latest Server, networking, and storage technologies to qualify integrated,
streamlined solutions that are best in class.
• Responsible for the strategy, design and development activities associated with methods for validating System Management Software and broader
solutions, focused on Dell's Remote Management Controller for Servers.
• Architects test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and test tools, and completes validation specifications and procedures for new and changes
to existing products.
• Define multi-phase validation plans that align with the Dell standard validation process for each assigned product.
• Validation plans include test cases and test scripts, resource requirements, schedule assumptions, and scope that align with the development and
• Authors and presents to leadership innovative test process and methodology improvements from an end-to-end test perspective for the functional area of
ownership. Works with developers and technologists to develop automation and test tools for functional areas.
The ideal candidate will be a test professional that combines subject matter expertise, industry experience, customer expectation and understanding of product
development methodologies to significantly contribute to business results through quality of results, advice and decisions. The ability to formulate validation
strategy primarily focused on automation is a primary facet of the role.
• Extensive understanding of Server hardware and software interactions, and ability to apply this understanding to architecting
•Hands on development / testing on a UNIX platform (Device drivers, Embedded Storage, Networking, Server.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic initiatives across global business units.
• Direct experience executing and developing test and workflow automation using C, C++, Python, Perl, XML
• Experience with Test Management tools (e.g., Requirements, Test Cases, Defects, Automated Frameworks).
• Understanding of Dell and/or competitive Server Systems management solutions: Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC, HP ILO,
Microsoft SCCM, VMWare vCenter, etc.
• Experience with industry standard management protocols including IPMI, WS-MAN, Redfish
Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 6-8 years relevant experience.
Experience in one or more flavors of Unix, Linux, FreeBSD required.
4+ years of experience testing Enterprise class products in the Server/Storage/Software/Solutions category.
4+ years experience with iterative development methodologies including Agile/SCRUM, TDD.
4+ years experience developing test automation using C,C++, Python, Perl, XML
Evaluates cognitive-based, time-consuming tasks on a regular basis for their automation opportunity through Analytics or AI-based techniques
Capable of developing complex yet efficient technical processes for acquiring, modifying, and manipulating information
Familiar with and expert in at least one data source system (Oracle, SQLServer, Teradata, Statistica)
Working knowledge and experience with the application of mathematical concepts, advanced analytics and data science is an added bonus