Dell Software QA Engineer 2 in Saint Petersburg, Russia
Junior Software QA Engineer for ScaleIO QA group
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
Successful individual will take the role of Software QA Engineer and will contribute into test cases design, test execution and results analysis. Candidate should be comfortable on learning new products and tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Development of test methodologies and plans for new product functions/features under development.
· Everyday work on adding new automated test scenarios (Python), maintaining continuous test execution (Jenkins), tracking test cycles execution results, recommending corrective actions, and working with the development engineers on resolution of problems.
· Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes.
· Maintain and modify test environment and configurations as needed, create new test environments and configurations to meet test cases or problem recreation requirements.
· Document test results and manage and maintain defect and test case databases to assist in the continuous improvement and modification of software.
· Work effectively with cross-functional and/or cross-geographic teams, readily share information with others.
· Be flexible and able to switch context by prioritization and urgency.
Work Experience and Education
· BS or MS in technical field desired (engineering, computer science, etc.)
· 1+ years in QA or Technical Support
Experience with Linux operating systems
Experience with writing scripts using shell/Python/Perl
Troubleshooting skills, ability to reproduce and document the issue
· Ability to work as part of remote team
· Experience with Python (other languages are advantage)
Experience in test cases design, execution and analysis
Experience with GUI APIs – an advantage
· Experience with Selenium - an advantage
- Customer oriented and User Experience awareness – an advantage
· Experience with storage solutions (filers, block storage, replication, etc. from any vendor) –– an advantage
· Working experience with the following tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins – an advantage
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive the continuous improvement of our software quality standards, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .