Dell Global Supply Management Senior Advisor in Shanghai, China
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Responsible for global supply planning for their specific platform/commodity area. Ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives. Engages activities related to product delivery specifications, and quality. Develops and maintains working relationships with global internal/external supply chain partners.
· Develops worldwide materials strategies.
· Develops, manages, and implements key projects to achieve strategic initiatives.
· Tracks worldwide supplier delivery performance.
· Develops supply COS performance matrix, measures the performance against matrix, and identifies improvement opportunities.
· Responsible for high complexity commodity/platform.
· Works closely with suppliers and internal teams to ensure product availability at product launch.
· Works directly with suppliers or tier 2 supplier if required to assure capacity and continuity of supply for specific components.
· Coordinates global supply with regional procurement.
· Balances available supply globally against regional requirements.
· Performs long-range capacity analysis for their commodity.
· Coordinates Quarterly Business Review (QBR) or Ops Review process.
· Works closely with regional buyers to regulate supplier mix of total available market (TAM).
· Manages component transitions globally to minimize excess and obsolete inventory (E&O).
· Works with functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement.
· Works with regional demand team to validate the global demand and recommend demand shipping if required.
Knowledge · Technical · Professional · Business Acumen
In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise.
In-depth understanding of Dell goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
Thorough understanding of Dell business priorities, strategy and direction.
Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
· Manages projects and program execution.
Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
- Opportunity/risk analyses
Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
· Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback.
Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
Escalates matters of business risk.
Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
· Allocates work and mentors others.
Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area.
Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
Delegates clearly and comfortably.
· Manage vendor relationships at senior management level
-10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Advanced supply change management skills.
· Advanced ability to execute demand supply resolution issues.
· Advanced materials requirement planning analysis skills.
· Advanced capacity planning skills.
· Advanced supplier management skills.
· Advanced market research and trend analysis skills.